It seems like such a small thing, I mean, it is just a toothbrush. I’ve been brushing my teeth for about 52 years now and I never really gave my brush that much thought. The problem is . . . I should have.
Enter the MableBrush
- No waste packaging
- Bamboo handle (compostable)
- BPA free bristles
- Stands up
- Cute non-toxic paint on bottom so you know it is your brush and not your partner’s.
- It is very comfortable to hold, even for my hands — nice wide base to grip.
- The company even has a way to get your brush delivered automatically, which will save you Amazon’s packaging it in a plastic bubble filled envelope and take one more thing of your to-do list.
Please Note: I no longer recommend this program. The reasons are legion.
On March 4 I began to prepare for my FASTer Way to Fat Loss program. It starts tomorrow, so I have had 3 weeks of practice. Here is an honest look at how I’ve felt over the past 3 weeks about varying parts of the program.
*How is IF?
- 3/9/18 — I am going to hurt somebody this morning! I woke up knowing today was not just IF but a Low Macro day. Then I couldn’t find the strainer for the teapot so my herbal tea wasn’t “just exactly right” and my daughter made delicious homemade cherry turnovers (my favorite) at 9 am. 11 am seems so far away. So very far away.
- 3/14/18 — I’ve got this IF thing. A couple cups of water, a cup of herbal tea, and I’m not thinking about food all morning anymore. Well, I still think about it, but it isn’t all consuming anymore.
*How is Carb Cycling?
- 3/10/18 — One week of prep/practice and I think I understand the flow of the days. It should make next week a bit easier. I am learning to be hungry and be ok with that.
- 3/18/18 — I’ve got the routine and I understand the numbers. I’m developing some meals that work for the different days.
*How is movement?
- 3/6/18 — Who the heck thought up a Bulgarian Split Squat? They need to be illegal.
- 3/12/18 — I really enjoy the long LISS after an intense HIIT.
- 3/14/18 — I was able to do my whole strength training with the heavier weight.
- 3/23/18 — Jumping from a 10 pound to 20 pound kettlebell might not have been a good idea. I think I need to step it back to a 12 or 15 pound first. Good Lord, my biceps and triceps are hurting!
*weight loss? inches lost?
- weight loss — 3 pounds
- I have definitely lost inches.
- Abs — 2 inches smaller
- Hips, waist, Bust — all 1 inch smaller
- upper arms, thighs — both 1/2 inch smaller
I still have lots and lots of questions! Mostly my questions concern the correct amount of calories and how to set my macros.
Reading: Die Dritte Hand (German), The Nature of the Beast (Gamache, L Penny), At Home in the World (M Guenther)
Listening: A Wrinkle in Time
Watching: Krypton, Timeless
9th day of Christmas
I’ve picked up my very rusty German lessons. I found some readers and have been copying out a bit each morning and working my way through. I’m noting vocab that I’ve forgotten (and therefore looked up in my dictionary) and reminding myself of grammar rules. It’s going quickly and I love the satisfaction that comes with seeing it all written out and worked through.
Today I spent some time tidying the bathroom and noticed the same feeling of satisfaction when I completed the task. Before (and I originally used the word normally, but hit the edit button!) I worked for a set period of time and then stopped. This morning I said, “Tidy the bathroom.”
Our co-priests are on sabbatical (May 14-Sep 3) and our parish is having all sorts of fun, educational, and just plain cool forums and presentations. Thankfully most of them do not involve “stuff” that I would have to bring home.
This project did. However, it has a lot of meaning wrapped up in one simple stained glass cross. It’s small enough to tuck into any corner of a suitcase. Every time I look at it hanging in my window I am reminded of the lessons I am learning during this journey with my beloved parish.