I have been working to reduce the amount of waste/plastic/chemicals we bring into our home — again. I seem to do this in “fits and spurts.” Since I’m using the Iona “rules” I’ll be posting more about how I use the earth’s resources for accountability.
Here is what is currently in my bathroom cabinet. Things that will be changing have the overstrike font and my replacements are listed at the bottom of the post.
- Top shelf: 1) make up bag with stick blush, blush brush, BB cream with sunscreen, and mascara and 2) nail care box with nail brush, nail buffer, clippers, and a heel file.
- Middle Shelf: yearly supply of contacts, eye drops, contact solution, Harry razor + 3 extra blades, and clay (for masks, comes in a paper bag and I store it in a repurposed glass jar).
- Bottom self:
Osea face wash**, Ursa Major face cream**,LOreal face cream with SPF, Dr Bronner’s gentle salve (I use this as lip balm & lotion), Dr. Bronner’s arnica and menthol salve, sandlewood comb, deodorant stone, Schmidt’s deodorant, Mable toothbrush, tide stick.
- Things not seen:
Lucky toothpaste& floss, toilet paper, potty cloths.
In the shower: Dr Bronner’s peppermint bar soap,
Acure peppermint shampoo, 3 cotton washcloths (use one, clean one, and a backup) and my Turkish towel (1 in use, 1 in the cabinet).
**Things I will be changing—
- Osea face cleaner— not rebuying, I’m trying Chagrin Valley’s sugar scrub and L’Oreal clay cleanser
- Ursa Major face cream— not rebuying
- Acure peppermint shampoo — replaced with Chagrin Valley Ayurveda Herb shampoo bar + Apple Cider Vinegar rinse once a week.
- Toothpaste — just using regular toothpaste right now.