Post series on The One, my list of 100 essentials for living simply and living small. #simplicity #100essentials
This little 2 cup teapot from Stash Tea was given to me by a friend. It is the perfect size for 2 people. There is an infuser basket that you can purchase separately that fits in it perfectly. The deep warm brown is a classic teapot color.
During my morning fasting time I enjoy a cup of ginseng peppermint tea. Here’s the easy way to make looseleaf tea perfectly each time.
- fill tea kettle with fresh water and turn on
- fill teapot (without the infuser basket) with water and place in microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Take out of microwave but leave water in pot.
- when water in the kettle has come to a boil, dump the warm water from the teapot into your mug, put the infuser basket into the teapot, and put 1 TBSN of looseleaf tea (per cup) into the infuser basket.
- fill the teapot from the kettle (the water will be just under the boiling point now)
- set a timer for 3-5 minutes and walk away
- when the timer goes off, empty your tea mug, put in your sweetener of choice, and pour tea from the teapot.
I’ve never had this method fail me. I sip my tea while doing morning office (Book of Common Prayer) and find that after a couple cups of water and this mug of tea, I can easily wait for my 11 am eating window to open.
Reading: Des Spielers Tot (German), Farewell to Mars (B Zahnd), A Great Reckoning (Gamache #12, L Penny)