Please Note: I no longer recommend this program. The reasons are legion.
On March 4 I began to prepare for my FASTer Way to Fat Loss program. It starts tomorrow, so I have had 3 weeks of practice. Here is an honest look at how I’ve felt over the past 3 weeks about varying parts of the program.
*How is IF?
- 3/9/18 — I am going to hurt somebody this morning! I woke up knowing today was not just IF but a Low Macro day. Then I couldn’t find the strainer for the teapot so my herbal tea wasn’t “just exactly right” and my daughter made delicious homemade cherry turnovers (my favorite) at 9 am. 11 am seems so far away. So very far away.
- 3/14/18 — I’ve got this IF thing. A couple cups of water, a cup of herbal tea, and I’m not thinking about food all morning anymore. Well, I still think about it, but it isn’t all consuming anymore.
*How is Carb Cycling?
- 3/10/18 — One week of prep/practice and I think I understand the flow of the days. It should make next week a bit easier. I am learning to be hungry and be ok with that.
- 3/18/18 — I’ve got the routine and I understand the numbers. I’m developing some meals that work for the different days.
*How is movement?
- 3/6/18 — Who the heck thought up a Bulgarian Split Squat? They need to be illegal.
- 3/12/18 — I really enjoy the long LISS after an intense HIIT.
- 3/14/18 — I was able to do my whole strength training with the heavier weight.
- 3/23/18 — Jumping from a 10 pound to 20 pound kettlebell might not have been a good idea. I think I need to step it back to a 12 or 15 pound first. Good Lord, my biceps and triceps are hurting!
*weight loss? inches lost?
- weight loss — 3 pounds
- I have definitely lost inches.
- Abs — 2 inches smaller
- Hips, waist, Bust — all 1 inch smaller
- upper arms, thighs — both 1/2 inch smaller
I still have lots and lots of questions! Mostly my questions concern the correct amount of calories and how to set my macros.
Reading: Die Dritte Hand (German), The Nature of the Beast (Gamache, L Penny), At Home in the World (M Guenther)
Listening: A Wrinkle in Time
Watching: Krypton, Timeless