8th day of Christmas
Holy Day: The Holy Name
Today I’m beginning to shift my mindset from living a “quantified” life to a more intentionally incarnational life. For years (my whole life?) I’ve measured success and goodness by numbers.
- How many books did I read?
- How many steps did I take?
- How many hours did I sleep?
- How many calories did I eat?
- How many vocabulary words did I add?
- and on and on and on
It ends today. Or rather, today I will take steps to shift my thoughts. I’m working on phrasing to help reflect this shift.
- Am I hungry? What do I want to eat?
- Am I tired and ready to stop this walk or do I want to go a bit more?
I’m working on journaling practices to help as well. I’m tracking weather, lunar phases, holy days, BCP Bible passages for the day. I’m jotting down book titles and thoughts from that days reading (without assigning a number to the book). I’m doing more long-form writing (and thus, blogging).