* This blog, like my life, is a journey. Things change. So I’m redoing this a series of posts on my essentials.**
When we made a decision to live small so we could journey, I knew I was going to have to cull my possessions to Fitting Life in a Suitcase or Living Small parameters. As I work week by week, I’m finding it very helpful to think in terms of a foot locker or large duffel bag for the bulk of my “stuff.”
I’m going to start a list of Essentials, not for the sake of counting things, but so I can really evaluate what I think is essential. First world problems, I know, but I do want to be mindful and careful moving forward.
So let’s start in bathroom.
- Turkish towel (not shown) + 2 wash cloths
- soap, shampoo
- Salt Stone
- Harry razor and extra blades
- Mascara, skin fuel, SPF/moisturizer
- Lip Balm (Hurraw!) and lipstick
- Contacts, solution and case
- Nail clippers
- Small cup to hold things upright
My goal here was for everything to fit in my Organizer/Toiletry Bag. It all fits and leaves plenty of room for my “travel laundry system.” Well, truthfully, the towel doesn’t fit, but I didn’t expect it to.
Things I am considering: I am wearing my glasses more and more these days. I still love the freedom of contacts during the bulk of the day, but I have to wear reading glasses if I have in my contacts. So I’m wondering about getting prescription sunglasses and seeing if I can go without contacts. It would be a huge shift for me, but I have never even considered it before.