“We believe clean and healthy skin, hair and teeth can be achieved with far fewer products, chemicals and complexity. We’ve taken a radically simplified, back to basics, truly natural approach.” — Akamai
I was introduced to Akamai on a Simple Living group. I try to keep my “upkeep” pretty simple, and I’ve been trying to use all-natural products for several years. My main problem has been trying to gauge when a product is nearly finished so I can order more without running out or having too much sitting around my cabinet. So when I was told about this subscription service, set up your account and then a new box arrives every 2 months, which is just about the exact moment my current stock runs out, I was super excited.
Each shipment can be tailored to your needs, but the “Basic” includes: 2 3-in-1 Bars, 1 toothpaste, and 1 Skin Fuel.
“We believe in the power of nature in its pure, whole form. You won’t find any toxic chemicals, things you can’t pronounce, or fancy chemistry, just whole natural products.” — Akamai
- Powerfully effective
- Truly natural
- sustainably sourced
- Pesticide free
- Not chemically processed
- Many ingredients are certified organic
How does it work?
- Create an account
- Choose your kit (I like the Basics kit)
- Every 2 months, you’ll get a new shipment
- Shipments come USPS with very little extra packaging
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
But, How does it work?
- Toothpaste: put a pea size amount on your wet brush and just go to town like normal. It won’t foam, so don’t expect it to. The clay combined with the scrubbing is what actually cleans your teeth. If you’re using commercial toothpaste don’t expect to LOVE this immediately. Give it a couple of weeks and you’ll come to enjoy and appreciate a new clean sensation.
- 3-in-1 Bar as shampoo: Expect some adjustment time if you are using conventional shampoos. The adjustment can take a week or two. You may feel like your hair is waxy, heavy, or just plain weird. Be patient. I like to brush the bar over my head a few times, then lather up, scrub with my finger tips, and rinse really well. While transitioning add 1 TB ACV to 8 oz warm water and do a rinse with that, then rinse with cool water. Don’t worry the smell will fade as your hair dries. I do the ACV rinses each Sunday just to keep my hair in tip-top shape.
- 3-in-1 Bar as soap: Honestly, I just use the lather from my hair to wash my face and then all the “Stinky Parts”. It works really well and my skin doesn’t get dry like it used to (even using other natural products)
- Skin Fuel: OH my Gosh! I cannot say enough good things about this product. For several years I have used Argan Oil with essential oils added in at night + Oil of Olay face cream with SPF during the day. My skin has felt great and looked great. But I still had the red patches on my cheeks from an auto-immune disorder. I’ve been using Skin Fuel alone for 6 weeks and even the red cheeks are gone. Skin tone is better too. For SPF, I use a hat, sunglasses, and limit my exposure to short trips outside during the time when the UV Index is above 4. So far, no tanning, no burning, and no freckling. . . so I take that as a good sign. If I was going to be outside for several hours or swimming, I’d look for a product to use for just those occasions.